Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ben Brockman's '78 GS 750

Hey all - time for another Ride to Born Free build profile. This time it's Ben Brockman and his chopped '78 GS 750.


What are you building?
I'm building a 1978 Suzuki GS 750.


How long has the build been going for?
About 5 months.


How did you get the idea for the build?
The reason for the chop is simple. I wanted to chop a bike, pretty much anything I could get my hands on cheap. I scored this bike for $450.


Is this your first build? If not, what was your first build? How did that go?
This is my first full hardtail chop. I had a gs450 that me and a friend hooked up with solid struts, but I blew that up. 450's don't like mountain hwy's. This one is much, much more work.


What's been the hardest part of the build?
Putting all the little things back together. All the tabs, the rear brake assembly is kicking my ass right now. Getting everything lined up for that and creating new mounts and hoping it will all work. I had a little help with the frame in the begining but have been on my own winging it with the rest. It's coming along real nice and can't wait to be on the road.


What other builders inspire you?
I get inspired by everything! Every bike has inspiration to me, good or bad, I'll take ideas from anything.


What do you love most about choppers, building bikes, riding, etc?
The thing I love most about building is the satisfaction of turning raw steel into a working bracket,frame,peg etc. Im still pretty new at this but Im having allot of fun figuring shit out. Then when it's all said and done, the gratification of riding down the road on a scoot i built with everything in my own reach and for hardly any money! Can't wait for the next one!

Any thoughts about choppers, the state of the industry, BF3, etc?
My thoughts about BF3. I CAN'T FUCKIN WAIT!! This is gonna be a good summer in the wind!

No comments:

Post a Comment